Sunday 25 January 2009

January is bad news for summer babies - official


While I sometimes think astrology is a lot of superstitious nonsense, January always seems the time when, with the post-Christmas anti-climax and the sun in my opposite sign of Capricorn, that bad things seem to happen. Bad or bad-ish things have happened to A, B and C this month (I'll spare their real names). A isn't too bad - she just can't get a job, and the prospects don't look too good. B had some problem, the details of which remain a mystery, and she also got sick. And C is probably in the worst situation of all, but I'll spare the gory details... But all three, like me, are June and July summer babies, Cancer, Leo and Gemini.


Well so what? Well A, B and C have all affected me in varying degrees, but, with the wisdom of experience I've learned to keep my head down this month, not try to do too much, not risk anything, and above all, avoid anything like a New Year Resolution.


All that said though, I'm beginning this week with a cautious sense of optimism. The sun has moved from Capricorn to Aquarius, a new moon heralds the Chinese New Year, with a solar eclipse thrown in for good measure. Time to start moving a bit more, leaving some things behind, seeking new openings.


Shakespeare wrote something about the fault not being in the stars but in ourselves. Which is probably true. But sometimes in this crazy world, the stars seem to provide as useful a framework as any for getting your head around things.

No comments: